Today is the start of my 3-week holiday! I am so happy coz I badly needed this break to unwind after all that’s happening in my work area. I need to chill out a bit, to get my concentration back. Nurses who work in a very stressful work environment like mine should really get long breaks once in a while to keep their sanity intact. I think I deserve one at this point in time.
Before, I usually fly home to the Philippines to spend a long vacation there. But since my wife and baby are here already, I am not doing that anymore and instead I am taking a local leave. There are not much plans to go around the place, but just to probably visit a couple of malls and shops. It is still too hot to spend the time outdoors and we’ll probably wait until the end of summer before we start visiting zoos, and parks.
Here’s my plan for the next three weeks:
1. Spend more time at home just chillin’ out, relaxing, and sleeping🙂 This is also an opportunity for me to be with my family more. I’ll also try to do a lot of cleaning and probably housekeeping of my paperworks.
2. Arrange some stuff related to my family’s stay here e.g. opening files in the clinic for my wife and baby, obtaining their insurance cards, applying for their local recreation IDs, and the national UAE ID system.
3. Visit the malls which I like my wife and baby to see e.g. Bawadi Mall, Deira City Center, IKEA, Festival Mall etc.
4. Check out flats we could rent so we could transfer soon.
5. Go back to the gym! I have been saying this for the last two months, but because I was always too tired from work, I didn’t get the extra energy to continue working out.
So it’s recharging time now! If you need an on-call… I am not here! Hehe!